All I can think is that at least I'm not in Ohio, where this would be just the prelude to the REALLY hot weather coming later. Or Texas, with my sister. Then I'd really be hurting.
Brett was hit with a huge burst of energy today and spent the whole day scrubbing the basement, sorting stuff out of boxes, cleaning up the kitchen, vacuuming, emptying the dishwasher, buying groceries.
The cats and I, on the other hand, spent all day lying around like boneless chickens, in the shadiest, breeziest places we could find, trying not to so much as twitch a tail unless absolutely necessary, hatching up schemes in which people would bring us icy drinks.
Things I should have done today:
- Finally gotten the tomato cages up (third weekend in a row I've failed to do this)
- Weeded across the street (ditto)
- Cut back the wisteria (ditto)
- Watered the apple trees
- Visited my poor, neglected P-Patch plot
- Cleaned the fans I'm now using constantly
- Flea-dipped the cats (well, applied Advantage)
- Hung the pictures that have been sitting on the living room table for about a month
- Put together the stroller we just bought
- Put together the backing for the quilt
- Gone fabric shopping
- Gone out to buy that phone we need
- Mopped the kitchen
Things I actually did do:
- Watered the front plants at 7:30 a.m. when I couldn't sleep
- Had breakfast with a good friend
- Finished a book
- Whined about the heat
- Vacuumed the basement (my one productive task)
He's so sweet.