Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today's big rummage sale score!

Brett has asked me to amend this post to point out that HE found the quilts. Which he did. I have the greatest husband ever.

***

Apologies for the poor picture quality - I took this with my phone. But I just had to share the AMAZING, completely handmade, blue postage stamp quilt I found today at a rummage sale for all of $25.

Among the many reasons that this quilt should probably have cost a lot more are the fact that it's completely hand stitched, the craftsmanship is amazing, and it has a really complicated sawtooth border (little triangle points leading off all the way around the edges.)

And it came with two pillow shams!

I was so excited I had to run home and see if it fit the bed, and it does, just perfectly.

Score!

3 comments:

sassypackrat said...

What a lovely find!

Marci said...

That is an amazing find - yeah for the husband!

Flowersbyfarha said...

I think the squares are too big to qualify as a "postage stamp" quilt, but who cares?! What a score and great that it found a home with someone who really appreciates it!

Sounds like the hubby is a "keeper" too. (Does he bake pumpkin pie, too?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails