Sof and I started playing with tracing and fusing her handprint yesterday because next week, we're signed up to do a class quilt with her preschool.
Yesterday we made a prototype with the fabrics we think we're going to use, and we liked it so much that we did the other hand too and turned it into a quick wallhanging for Daddy to take to his new office. Here's the final project, at left.
For her class, the blocks will be the pale yellow background surrounded by the plaid sashing, and the hands will be a variety of prints in red, green, and blue. Each kid gets to sign their name with a fabric marker, and I'll put it together and quilt it. I think it's going to be really cute!